October 16, 2011

Meeting "Future" Parents in Law

Last night was my greatest obstacle i ever faced for 19 years. Rini asked me to meet her parents, and on the top of that, i must wear traditional javanese hat, Blangkon.

"Is there any other way to meet your parents? Besides Blangkon?", i asked her that.

"C'mon, you said you wanna impress them, this is the only way", she insisted.

Really, i was not confident at all. I began to question my own self-esteem. I had to find another way, that was what i thought. Rini's parent were indeed very strict when it came to traditional dress. But, Blangkon? It was beyond my craziest imagination, my earlier plan was wearing a nice short-sleeved batik and simple pants. The more i thought about it, the more stress i got.

Finally, we arrived at Rini's parent house. They welcomed us warmly. Warmer than i expected. It turned out not to be as bad as i thought. Her father treated me like we already known each other, her mother always smiled at me and the food was great.

Rini smiled at me, i smiled at her back. We were happy.

"See, it's not really that bad. You worried too much", she said on our way back home.

I just smiled and hold her hand tighter

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Satu kata dari teman-teman pastilah sangat berarti bagi yang punya blog ini. Mari kita budayakan saling berkomentar dan saling mengunjungi blog sahabat secara rutin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India